Last Revised: January 30, 2018
Chat Leap Ltd. and its affiliates d/b/a Snoring Advisor("Snoring Advisor", "we" or "us") respect the privacy of the visitors and/or users of our website at https://www.snoringadvisor.com/ (including its subdomains) and related services ("User" or "you") and are committed to protect the personal information that you share with us. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you visit and/or use our Services.
1. Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, PROCESSING, TRANSFER AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THAT SUCH INFORMATION IS VOLUNTARILY PROVIDED TO US.
2. Which information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
- Non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us while such User is using the Services, including our ChatBot. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the User on the Site, type of operating system, User's 'click-stream' or searches on the Site and , type and version of browser, keyboard language, screen resolution, traffic source, etc.
- Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature.
- Users of the Site automatically provide their IP address mainly for enhancing the User’s experience and for geo-location and security purposes, as well as other identifiers assigned to their devices and/or web-browsers, such as Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), Android Advertising ID, or unique device identifier (a number uniquely allocated to your device by your device manufacturer), as applicable.
- In addition, Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details you provide consciously and voluntarily:
- When opening an Account, you may be required to provide the following details: full name, email address and a password. You may (but are not required to) provide us with additional details.
- You may, alternatively, open an Account and signup to the Service via your existing third party Social Networks accounts (e.g. Facebook) ("Social Network Account"). In the event that you register to the Service through your existing Social Network Account, then such Social Network Account provides us with access to certain information that is stored in the your Social Network Account, which is detailed and displayed to you in the notice which appears during the integration process with such Social Network Account. Please read carefully such notice in order to understand what information is made available to us via your Social Network Account. We may collect your login information and other relevant information necessary to enable us to access your Social Network Account in order to collect the above mentioned data contained within your Social Network Account which you provided us access to. We may store the above-mentioned information (or any part of it), in order to achieve the purposes set forth herein. Please remember that the manner in which Social Networks use, store or disclose your information is governed solely by their policies and we will have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of such Social Networks. If you do not agree to these practices please do not use the Social Network integration features. You hereby agree that such information will be stored even after the linkage to your Social Network Account expires, for any reason.
- Any information that you voluntarily provide us whenever you interact with our ChatBot, including your chat history with the ChatBot and search results.Please note that the ChatBot may also be available through third party social network and messaging platforms. In the event that you engage with the ChatBot through your existing third party social network or messaging platformaccount, then such third party social network or messaging platformprovides us with access to certain information that is stored in the your account, which is detailed and displayed to you in the notice which appears during the integration process with such third party social network or messaging platform. Please read carefully such notice in order to understand what information is made available to us via such third party social network or messaging platform. Please remember that the manner in which third party social network or messaging platforms use, store or disclose your information is governed solely by their policies and we will have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of such third parties. If you do not agree to these practices please do not use the ChatBot feature.
- Any Personal Information that may be included in your User Generated Content, such as Personal Information that you may provide by commenting on the Content.
- Personal Information may be collected from the details you may provide us while contacting us via the Contact Form available on the Site, including your name and email address. You may also voluntarily send us a message via the Contact Form.
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
We do not collect any Personal Information from you or related to you without your approval, which is obtained, inter alia, through your active acceptance of the Terms.
Note: WE WILL NOT collect any Personal Information from your engagements and interactions with Third Party Sources.
3. How Do We Collect Information on Our Users?
There are a few methods that we use:
- We collect information through your entry and use of the Site and/or use the Services. In other words, when you are using the Site we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage. For example, we may collect your IP address when you are browsing the Site.
- We collect information which you decide to provide us voluntarily. For example,when you wish to open an Account, upload User generated Content or interact with our Chatbot, we collect certain Personal Information, as provided by you voluntarily, which is provided shall be kept on our servers.
- We may collect information which you voluntarily permitted certain service providers to provide us. For example, when you connect to the ChatBot through Facebook, we will ask you to allow Facebook to provide us certain information.
We may gather, collect and store such information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
4. What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Use it for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of our Site and Services.
- Provide our third party partners and/or service providers the ability to receive aggregative and/or anonymous information, such as click stream data regarding our Users, preferences of Users, general trends on our Site and other anonymous data for analytics, statistics and/or business purposes.
- Enhance and improve the User's experience while using the Site and Services.
- Learn about the preferences of Users and general trends on and uses of the Site and Services.
Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Provide and personalize our Services to our Users.
- If your device has an Advertising ID or other persistent identifiers, we may collect and use these for advertising and user analytics purposes.
- Verify the User's identity when he/she signs in through his/her Account.
- Provide Users with updated and tailored information regarding our Services.
- Determine general geolocation information (i.e., country) from which the User's computer is connected to the Internet in order for us to know the general location of our Site's Users as well as in order to safeguard our Site.
5. Sharing Information with Third Parties
Note, that we may collect, hold and/or manage Personal Information through Snoring Advisor's authorized third parties vendors of certain products or services (such as cloud hosting and data processing services) (including, as applicable, their affiliates) solely and limited to providing us with such requested services, and not for any other purposes. Such vendors may be located in a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
For avoidance of doubt, Snoring Advisor may use and process Non-personal Information and transfer and disclose it to third parties at its sole discretion.
6. Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
In any event, if for any reason you (or any person) wish to delete or modify Personal Information, you can do so by sending us an email with adequate detail of your request to: email@example.com and we will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Note that unless otherwise explicitly specified herein and/or unless you instruct us otherwise we may retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably required for the purposes of which such Personal Information was collected,all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
Please note that the laws of your local jurisdiction may provide you with certain privacy related rights, such as a right of access, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict processing, right of data portability and right to object to processing of Personal Information. If you wish to exercise such rights and find that you are unable to do so via the Site, please send us an email with adequate detail of your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aggregated and/or anonymous information derived from your use of the Site or Services may remain on our servers indefinitely.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. The Personal Information is hosted on WP Engine's servers which provide advanced strict security standards (both physical and logical). In addition we employ highly secure services design and implementation using encryption and architectures mechanisms. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur. Snoring Advisor SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION.
8. Third Party Service Providers
9. Links to Third Party Websites
10. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
When you access or use the Site and/or Services, we or our third party service providers may use industry-wide technologies such as "cookies", "web-beacons", "pixel" or other similar technologies which store certain information on your computer or device ("Cookies"), which will allow us to, gather information and enable automatic activation of certain features thus making your experience much more convenient and effortless. We or our authorized third party service providers may use both session cookies (which expire once you close the Site) and persistent cookies (which stay on your system until you delete them). It is easy to disable or delete Cookies. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer's hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Note that Cookies usually store only a Non-personal Information, such as the web pages you have visited, the duration of your browsing, etc. Snoring Advisor does not control such third party service providers.
11. International Data Transfer
In order to provide the Site and Service, we may transfer information collected about you, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities, or to other third party service provides (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer of information.
12. Direct Marketing, ChatBot and Notifications
The Services may allow you to receive unsolicited messages, notices and other information via our ChatBot which is available via the Site. Please note that, on-demand, our ChatBot may also provide you with the Services through integration with various third party social media and/or instant messaging platforms ("Platforms"), as may be offered by Snoring Advisor from time to time. If you wish to withdraw your consent and stop receiving unsolicited messages through such Platform(s), you may simply click on the “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” option made available on the ChatBot or alternatively follow the opt-out instructions of the applicable Platform.
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details you provided us with (including, without limitation, email address) for the purpose of providing you commercial and/or non-commercial materials related to our current and/or future products and services and in order to inform you regarding product deals. You may withdraw your consent by sending a written notice to Snoring Advisor's email address which appears in the Site or alternatively follow the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the message transmitted to you. In addition, the Site may include the sending of push-notifications and alerts via various means of communication. You can deactivate the push-notifications at any time by changing the notification settings on your web-browser or device (as applicable).
14. Got any Questions?